Data Spine Service Registry
LinkSmart Service Catalog was chosen to realise the Service Registry component of Data Spine. Service Registry is the entry point for Web services. Its functionality mainly covers the lifecycle management of service metadata and service discovery.
Service Registry exposes a RESTful API for:
- Registering and updating Services – for services registering themselves to be available for service discovery (Supported via MQTT too)
- Browsing the Service Registry entries – for applications and other clients discovering registered services
- Retrieving information about specific Services
- Filtering Services – for clients searching for services by known capabilities
The following diagram shows the flow of service metadata. Services that register themselves can be discovered by other components within or beyond the local network.
Figure 1: Service Registry (LinkSmart Service Catalog)
Data Spine Service Registry Documentation
- Data Spine Service Registry Quickstart Guide
- Data Spine Service Registry User Guide
- Data Spine Service Registry Admin Guide
- Data Spine Service Registry Developer Guide